While the library is closed due to COVID-19 concerns, we want to try delivering books to you so that your time at home is more enjoyable. If you are interested in taking advantage of this option, please read on:
1. Go to our online catalogue, which is also accessible through our website (Go to "Books" and click on the button that says "Search MEL catalogue") and see if the book you are looking for is available to be checked out.
2. Fill out this form to request delivery and/or collection of items.
3. Wait for a confirmation email to find out if your request has been accepted and when you should expect the delivery and/or collection of items.
4. When we come to your house, please avoid direct contact with us. We will bring your items in a bag that you will be able to grab from a sanitized container. For item collection, we ask you to place all items you wish to return in a plastic bag, then place the bag in the container as well. After every delivery, we will go back to MEL and sanitize the container, then start again. This means we will be limited to a couple or a few deliveries a day, so please be patient.
- The main goal of this program is to encourage our members to stay home.
- We will be following very strict procedures to ensure that every delivery is done safely.
- This service will be limited to members within the city area.
- Delivery and collection will be done on a first come, first served basis.
- If you are experiencing any of the virus symptoms, please do not submit a request.
- If your items are due back but you prefer to keep them home until we open again, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we will be granting special extensions.
- Your membership must be current and in good standing. If you need to renew it or have any overdue fines on your account, we will let you know and you will be able to make a payment via Paypal.
- If you didn't get a chance to sign up for a membership, email email@example.com requesting the type of membership that fits your needs. See our annual memberships here.
- This service is free of charge, however, donations to keep the library going are welcome via Paypal.
- The Merida English Library may discontinue this service at any time if our staff members suspect they have come in contact with the virus.